Pages

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

APPLE CREAM CHEESE COBBLER

A few months ago, I found a recipe on southernplate.com for Apple Cream Cheese Cobbler. I bought the ingredients and then forgot about it. Needless to say, I had already used most of the ingredients in something else, so this week on grocery day, I made sure I bought all the ingredients I needed to make it! Well....it was definitely worth the wait....YUMMO is all I can say! Try this with a BIG scoop of vanilla ice cream and you will be in heaven!!!!





Apple Cream Cheese Cobbler:

2- 8oz cans of crescent rolls

2- 21 oz cans of apple pie filling 1 -1/2 Cups granulated sugar
1 teaspoon of cinnamon
1 teaspoon of vanilla flavoring
3- 8oz boxes of cream cheese
1 stick of unsalted butter

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350
Let cream cheese come to room temperature, about 30-45minutes.
Cream the cream cheese and pour vanilla flavoring in.
Measure out a cup and a half of sugar and mix in one teaspoon of cinnamon, set aside 1/2 cup.
Pour remaining one cup of cinnamon/sugar mixture into cream cheese and mix well. Scrape down sides and bottom of bowl, mix some more.
Place one can of crescent rolls in bottom of a 9x13 pan.
Spread cream cheese/sugar mixture on top.
Spread both cans of apple pie filling over cream cheese.
Place second can of crescent rolls on top.
Pour 1/2 cup of sugar/cinnamon mixture evenly over top.
Pour stick of melted unsalted butter on top of dough.
Optional: sprinkle more cinnamon on top.
Bake in 350 degree oven for 30-45 minutes until top is brown and bubbly.

Tip:  Put a cookie sheet under your pan before baking.  It WILL bubble over a bit!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for stopping by my blog and helping out with my cookbook mission! This recipe looks SO yummy!

    ReplyDelete