Pages

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

OVEN BBQ CHICKEN


I found this recipe on allrecipes.com about a year ago.  The chicken comes out moist and tender every time!   The original recipe gives instructions on making the BBQ sauce from scratch.  I did this for a while, until I decided it would be much easier to use a bottled sauce!  I actually liked the bottled sauce better because it was thicker, but you can use whatever sauce you like.  I have even used pork chops, and pork steaks with this recipe as well.......they all turned out yummy!  Give this one a try and let me know what you think!

Oven BBQ Chicken:

4-6 pieces bone-in chicken, skin removed ( I use legs and thighs)
1 bottle bbq sauce of your choice

Preheat oven to 500 degrees. (Yes...500 degrees!)  Remove skin from chicken.  Season chicken with salt and pepper.  Pour entire bottle of bbq sauce over chicken.  Cover tightly with foil.  Bake at 500 degrees for 15 minutes, then reduce heat to 325 and bake an additional hour. 

No comments:

Post a Comment