Pages

Friday, August 20, 2010

ANGIE'S HOMEMADE PIZZA WITH EVERYTHING!

A few week ago I was visiting a friend who I have recently reconnected with.  She invited me and my 3 1/2 year old son over for a "playdate" with her and her 2 1/2 year old daughter.  She made homemade pizza for lunch, which is something I haven't made in a very long time.  She inspired me to create this recipe for me and my family.  It was a huge hit!  So thank you Michelle and Olivia for the fun time we had together, and also the inspiration for this new family favorite!  



Angie's Homemade Pizza with Everything! :

1 tube Pillsbury refrigerated pizza crust (I used the thin crust)
1 jar pizza sauce (I only used about half of the jar)
1/2 lb ground turkey sausage, cooked
1 small pkg turkey pepperoni
1/2 cup diced ham
1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
1/2 cup sliced red onion
1 small can sliced black or green olives ( I used both!)
 4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
Italian seasoning

Unroll pizza crust and place on a 10in x 15in baking sheet. ( I used my Pampered Chef Large Bar Pan)  Poke holes in crust with a fork.  Bake @ 400 degrees for 5 minutes.  Remove from oven and spread pizza sauce on crust.  Top with turkey sausage and then half of  the mozzarella cheese. (This keeps the sausage from rolling off the pizza!)  Then top with the remaining toppings, and top off with the rest of the mozzarella cheese.   Sprinkle the top of the pizza with the Italian Seasoning.  Bake for 10-15 minutes or until crust is brown and the cheese is melted.

1 comment: