Pages

Friday, September 17, 2010

HAPPY FALL Y'ALL!!!

Wow, it's been a long, long, summer for me! We built a new deck, planted a garden, then came the picking veggies, canning salsa and relish, freezing corn squash and tomatoes, and finally....last but not least....VACATION!!!! Whew, busy, busy, busy, but now that summer is almost over, and fall is on it's way....it's time to get back to cooking!!! I am so ready for fall foods like apples, pumpkin, soups, chili, and let's not forget the CANDY CORN!! I just love fall and all the yummy foods it brings with it.

Yesterday I realized I had 5 small bananas that were....well let's just say they needed to be used, and of course that means only one thing.....BANANA BREAD!!! I found two recipes I have saved in my computer recipe files. I had enough bananas to make a batch of each. I couldn't remember which one I liked the best, so why not. I even made one round in muffin cups, and another in mini muffin cups. In the end, both recipes turned out really good. Maybe that's why I kept both recipes. I like the creaminess of the CREAMY BANANA BREAD, but I like the the taste of the pineapple in the HAWAIIAN BANANA BREAD. Hmmmmm...maybe I can build on that...I'll get back to you on that idea. So anyway these are the two recipes I am sharing with you today. I hope you give them both a try!
HAPPY FALL Y'ALL!!!




Creamy Banana Bread:

1/2 cup margarine, softened

1 (8 oz) package cream cheese, softened
1 1/4 cups white sugar
2 eggs
1 cup mashed banana
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 cup chopped, pecans
2 tablespoons brown sugar
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon

Cream the butter and cream cheese together. Gradually add the white sugar, and continue beating until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in the mashed bananas and vanilla. Add flour, baking powder, and soda; mix until batter is just moist. In a small bowl, mix together chopped pecans, brown sugar and cinnamon. Divide 1/2 batter into two greased and floured loaf pans. Sprinkle pecan mixture over batter and top with remaining batter. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
**This recipe is pictured as 2 loaves.


Hawaiian Banana Bread:

3 cups all-purpose flour

2 cups sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 cup chopped, nuts
3 eggs, beaten
1 1/2 cups vegetable oil
2 cups mashed, ripe bananas
1 8-ounce can crushed pineapple, drained
2 teaspoons vanilla extract

Combine dry ingredients. Stir in nuts and set aside. Combine remaining ingredients; add to dry ingredients, stirring just until moistened. Spoon batter into greased and floured 9x9x3 inch loaf pans. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 1 hour or until done. Cool 10 minutes before removing from pans. Remove to wire racks; cool completely. This recipe makes a really moist bread.

**This recipe is pictured as muffins and mini muffins, but can also be made in 2 loaves.

No comments:

Post a Comment