Pages

Friday, April 1, 2011

OLD-FASHIONED PORK CHOPS

This recipe came from one of my Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes cookbooks, which are now packed up in tubs and ready for the move.....if we ever sell our house and find a new one!!!!  I am so ready to be settled and have a place that has enough space for everything....well, almost everything anyway.  Do we ever have enough space?  Especially when there are kids involved!  LOL!  Anyway, last night was the first time making this recipe, and it was a huge hit!! The pork chops were so tender, they fell apart when I took them out. This would also be good with chicken, in fact I think I will try that soon and I will let you know how it turns out.

Old-Fashioned Pork Chops:

1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp. ground mustard
1/2 tsp garlic salt
1/2 tsp pepper
6 boneless pork loin chops
2 tbs canola oil (I used olive oil)
1 can (10 1/2 ounces) condensed chicken with rice soup, undiluted
1 medium onion, quartered
1 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes ( I used McCormick Italian Herb Seasoning Grinders because I was out of parsley, and it worked great!)

In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, mustard, garlic salt and pepper.  Add the pork, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat.

In a large skillet, brown chops in oil on each side.  Transfer to a 3qt slow cooker.  Top with the soup, onion and parsley flakes.  Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until pork is tender.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for your kind comment about The Southern Lady Cooks. I always enjoy hearing from a fellow Kentuckian. Those pork chops sound just great. Have a great weekend. Loved your blog.

    ReplyDelete