Pages

Thursday, April 14, 2011

PHILLY COOKING CREME: EASY CHICKEN ENCHILADAS

The other day while in the grocery store, I was looking for Velveeta cheese, and I found a coupon on a display for Philadelphia Cooking Creme....$1.50 off ONE!!!  I had been wanting to try it out, and this gave me that chance at a great discount.  My only problem now was..... which one should I try?  They each had a recipe on the back, and the EASY CHICKEN ENCHILADAS on the back of the Santa Fe blend, sounded like something my family would enjoy, so problem solved. 

This was so quick and easy, and so good that my husband said "It's a keeper!"  I also discovered more great recipes for all of the different flavor cooking cremes here.  I definitely intend to try the others in the near future!  Hope you will too!


Easy Chicken Enchiladas:

1 small onion, chopped
2 tsp. oil
3 cups shredded cooked chicken breasts
1 can (14.5 oz.) no-salt-added diced tomatoes, drained
1 tub (10 oz.)PHILADELPHIA Santa Fe Blend Cooking Creme, divided
1/2 cup KRAFT Mexican Style Finely Shredded Four Cheese
8 flour tortillas (6 inch)


Heat oven to 350°F.

Cook and stir onions in hot oil in large skillet on medium heat 4 to 5 min. or until crisp-tender. Stir in chicken, tomatoes, 3/4 cup cooking creme and shredded cheese.

Spoon about 1/3 cup chicken mixture down center of each tortilla; roll up. Place in 13x9-inch baking dish sprayed with cooking spray; top with remaining cooking creme. Cover.

Bake 15 to 20 min. or until heated through.



This recipe is linked to: It's a Keeper Thursday

1 comment:

  1. Hello from It's A Keeper! These look delicious and am definitely going to adapt them to solar cooking! Thanks for sharing and come visit when you can.

    ReplyDelete