Pages

Friday, March 4, 2011

TANGY TOMATO PORK CHOPS

The other day I was skimming through some of my favorite blogs looking for a crock pot recipe, and came upon this one.  I found it on the Little Kitchen on the Prairie blog.  It was quick and easy to put together, and turned out WONDERFUL!  Even my picky eater husband liked it!  I hope you give this one a try, I know your family will like it too.


Tangy Tomato Pork Chops:

4 (I/2 inch thick) pork chops
1 large onion, chopped
2 celery ribs, sliced
1 green bell pepper, sliced
1 (14 oz can) stewed tomatoes (I used diced)
1/2 cup ketchup
2 tbs EACH cider vinegar, brown sugar, worchestershire sauce
1 tbs lemon juice
1 tsp beef bullion (or one bullion cube)

Sprinkle each side of pork chops with salt and pepper.  Place in slow cooker.  Place the onion, celery, and bell pepper on top.  Combine remaining ingredients, then pour over the chops and vegetables.  Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours.  Serve over rice.  When done, you can thicken your sauce with a little cornstarch and water mixture.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks! Always looking for new crock-pot recipes! This sounds great.

    ReplyDelete