Pages

Saturday, July 30, 2011

ANGIE'S TACO PIZZA

My husband LOVES taco pizza, and for several years I have searched for the "perfect" taco pizza recipe.  For some reason, I have never found one that suits me, so I finally decided to just "wing it", and make one up as I go.  Well.......it worked, my taco pizza lovin' husband gave it a BIG thumbs up!  In fact he gobbled it up so fast that I didn't have time to get a picture, sorry guys!  :0(

For the crust on this pizza I used a Rhodes white yeast bread loaf.  I wanted to make 3 individual pizzas, so after thawing the bread in the fridge overnight, I cut it into thirds and it worked great!  The recipes on the Rhodes website, call for the Rhodes dinner rolls, but I just used what I had in the freezer.  They also have whole wheat bread and rolls, that would make a wonderful wheat pizza crust.  Although I have yet to find any of their wheat products here locally, you may find them in your area.  You can also use your own favorite crust recipe, or even use the already made crusts in the store.  Hope you enjoy this recipe.......HAPPY COOKING!

Angie's Taco Pizza:
(Angie's Kitchen)

1 loaf frozen white yeast bread dough, or 12 frozen yeast dinner roll dough
1lb ground beef
1 cup water
1 pkg taco seasoning mix
2 tbs taco sauce
1 (16oz) can refried beans
3/4 cup salsa
1 cup crushed tortilla chips (or more, depending on your taste!)
1 can sliced black olives
2 cups shredded Mexican style cheese
1 can diced tomatoes, drained and rinsed
1-2 cups shredded lettuce (again, depending on your taste.)

Thaw your bread loaf or rolls in the fridge overnight.  When ready to make your pizza,  roll out your dough to fit your pizza pan.  Be sure to prick your dough with a fork to prevent bubbles in your crust!  Pre-bake your crust at 350 degrees for about 6-8 minutes.  Meanwhile, brown ground beef in a skillet, drain; return to skillet, add water, taco seasoning, and taco sauce.  Bring to a boil; reduce heat and let simmer for about 10 minutes. In a bowl, combine the refried beans and salsa.  Remove crust from oven, and spread bean and salsa mixture over your crust.  Top with meat mixture, chips, cheese and olives.  Bake at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes or until cheese is melted and crust is golden brown.  Sprinkle with tomatoes, and lettuce.  Drizzle with additional taco sauce if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment