Pages

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

NACHO CHEESE BEEF BAKE

I found this recipe in one of my old Quick Cooking cookbooks.  I first made it about 2 years ago using egg noodles like the recipe said.  It was good, but to me the egg noodles just didn't fit the recipe. So I started using macaroni noodles, and loved it!  Don't get me wrong, it is good either way, but I prefer the macaroni.  Give this one a try, and see which one you and your family like best!


Nacho Cheese Beef Bake



2 cups egg noodles
1 pound ground beef
1 can diced tomatoes, undrained
1 cans condensed nacho cheese soup
1 jar sliced pimentos, drained
1 4-ounce can chopped green chilies
1 1/2 cups Mexican cheese blend
2 cups crushed tortilla chips
1/3 cup ranch salad dressing
Shredded lettuce, sour cream, and/or salsa, optional


Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile in a large saucepan, cook beef until no longer pink. Drain and stir in tomatoes, cheese soup, and chilies. Bring to a boil, reduce heat; simmer covered for 10 minutes. Add the noodles. Transfer to a greased casserole dish. Sprinkle with the cheese.  Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until heated through and bubbly. Top with the tortilla chips and drizzle with ranch dressing.



This recipe is linked to:These Chicks Cooked hosted by This Chick Cooks, and Friday Favorites hosted by Simply Sweet Home

1 comment:

  1. This sounds delicious!

    I'd love for you to stop by for my Friday Favorites party!

    ReplyDelete