Pages

Monday, February 21, 2011

DEVIL'S FOOD CAKE SUPREME

One of my New Year's resolutions was to make sure I post at least one recipe a week on my blog.  Although I am VERY determined to fullfill that resolution, sometimes life can get in the way of cooking!   My husband and I have finally decided to put our house on the market, and look for a larger "forever" home.  So for the past 3 days I have been "decluttering" my tiny house to make it worthy of showing.  You don't realize how much stuff you have until you start packing it up!  I decided to go ahead and pack anything that we don't use on a regular basis.  Four LARGE tubs and 1 1/2 HUGE rolls of bubble wrap later, my kitchen is decluttered!!!  Now I only have the rest of the house.....sigh.

Anyway, with the HUGE task of getting our house ready to put on the market, we will be eating frozen pizzas, hamburgers, and take out for the next few days.  I am still determined to post at least one recipe a week, so here is a sweet treat for you.  There is no picture of course, since I haven't actually made this one in a long while, but it is definitely post worthy with or without the picture!  ENJOY!

Devil's Food Cake Supreme:

1 devil's food cake mix


WHITE ICING:

1 stick butter
1/2 cup vegetable shortening
1 cup powdered sugar
8 tablespoons all-purpose flour (one at a time)
2/3 cup milk (at room temp)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

CHOCOLATE CANDY ICING:

1 stick butter
2 cups sugar
3 tablespoons baking cocoa
1/2 cup pet milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Bake cake as directed in 2 layer cake pans. With white icing, ice between layers, and entire outside. Pour chocolate icing over top and refrigerate.

WHITE ICING:

Cream butter, shortening, and vanilla. Add other ingredients a little at a time. Beat until creamy.

CHOCOLATE CANDY ICING:

Stir constantly in a heavy saucepan on medium heat. Bring to a boil for 1 minute, stir until thick.

No comments:

Post a Comment