Pages

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

"ANGIE" SPRINGS CHICKEN & CHEESE FRIES

My husband and I have always loved eating at Outback Steakhouse, but the price of eating OUT is OUTRAGEOUS!!!  Since "Alice" Springs Chicken is our favorite, I decided to make my own version ("Angie" Springs Chicken) at home for an early Valentines Day meal.  Of course you can't forget the cheese fries, so I made my own version of those too!  I also found a recipe for homemade honey mustard dressing, and it turned out great....sweet, with a kick.  I am posting all three recipes for you in this one post so you can have your own Outback night at home with the ones you love! HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!!!





                      

"Angie" Springs Chicken:

2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1/2 inch thick)
Seasoned Salt to taste
honey mustard dressing (recipe follows)
1 small jar (or can) sliced mushrooms
2 slices of bacon, cooked
shredded Colby-jack cheese

Season chicken with seasoned salt, and let marinate for 1 hour in the fridge.  Heat just enough olive oil in skillet to brown chicken.  Place chicken in heated skillet, and cover with lid.  Turn heat to low, and brown chicken on both sides, cooking until juices run clear.  When chicken is done, brush with honey mustard.  Drain mushrooms, and place a thin layer on top of chicken.  Top with bacon, then cheese.  Return lid, and heat until cheese is melted.  Transfer chicken to a plate, and ENJOY!




Honey Mustard:

1/2 cup prepared yellow mustard
1/4 cup honey (I added an extra tablespoon or so)
1/4 cup light Karo syrup
1/4 cup mayonnaise

Combine all ingredients and whisk together until there are no lumps.


Cheese Fries:

1/2 bag of frozen french fries
seasoned salt
4 slices of bacon, cooked and crumbled
shredded Colby-jack cheese ( or your favorite shredded cheese)

Place fries on a lightly greased cookie sheet.  Sprinkle with seasoned salt.  Bake according to package directions, or until nice and crisp.  Remove from oven, sprinkle with cheese and bacon.  Turn oven to broil, and continue to cook until cheese is melted.  Serve with Ranch dressing.

2 comments:

  1. I'm going to have to give that honey mustard recipe a try, it sounds great! I enjoy reading your blog and have chosen you as one of my fellow bloggers that I want to give the Stylish Blogger Award to. Stop by http://catberner.wordpress.com/2011/02/04/stylish-me/ to pick up your award! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum!I agree that it has gotten waay expensive to eat out. That chicken sounds great!

    ReplyDelete