Pages

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

KING RANCH CHICKEN CASSEROLE


Last week I roasted a chicken in the crockpot, and had leftovers, so I froze them for later. I was looking through one of my Mom's old Church cookbooks, and found this recipe, and decided I would make it this week. It turned out really good! I hope you give this one a try.

King Ranch Chicken Casserole:

1 onion, chopped
1 tbs. vegetable oil
1 tbs. butter
2 cups shredded, cooked chicken
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can diced tomatoes, drained
1 4oz can diced green chilis
1 tsp. chili powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
12-14 6 inch corn tortillas, cut into pieces
2-4 cups of cheese

Heat oil and butter in a large skillet. chop onions and add to skillet. Cook until lightly browned. Add chicken, diced tomatoes, chilis, soups and seasonings. Let this simmer for a couple of minutes. Meanwhile in a 9x13 baking dish, layer in this order; 1/2 of the cut tortillas, half of the chicken mixture, 1/2 of the cheese. Then repeat. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 30 minutes or until brown and bubbly.

No comments:

Post a Comment