Pages

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

PINEAPPLE GLAZED HAM STEAK

Well, as you can see, my page is somewhat back in order. I am finally able to post a recipe that you can actually see! I tried yesterday, and for some reason, the post would not show up, only the title! So anyway, here is what we had for supper last night. The original recipe was APRICOT GLAZED HAM STEAK, but I prefer pineapple on my ham, so I changed it up just a little. Also, I found a similar recipe in a cookbook that added a little orange juice with the Apricot preserves, but in this case since I used Pineapple preserves, I would use pineapple juice instead, and of course I didn't have any. I do suggest if you make this, add the juice! The glaze was almost like a paste, but turned out ok, I would just prefer a little more liquid, maybe just a tablespoon or two no more than that. Here is the recipe, you could still use the Apricot preserves if you want, just use the orange juice instead. Oh, and I forgot to take a picture of this one! SORRY! I will do better on the next post, I promise!

Pineapple Glazed Ham Steak:

1 fully cooked ham steak
4 tbs. brown sugar
4 tbs. pineapple preserves
1 tsp. ground mustard
2 tbs. pineapple juice (optional)
dash of ground cloves (optional)


Place ham in a greased baking dish. Combine brown sugar, preserves, mustard and cloves in a small bowl and spoon over ham steak. Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes or until bubbly.

No comments:

Post a Comment