Pages

Monday, April 19, 2010

CHICKEN CORDON BLEU


I have been married almost 10 years, and have always wanted to attempt making Chicken Cordon Bleu, but have been too intimidated to try. Well, tonight I finally did it, and guess what.....it was sooooo easy, and very good! I am now wondering what was so intimidating about it. I guess the pounding the chicken and rolling the chicken just seemed like alot of trouble! LOL!

This recipe is actually a combination of 3 different recipes. I just couldn't seem to find one with everything I wanted. So here is what I came up with. Try it out and let me know what you think!

Chicken Cordon Bleu

3-4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
3-4 string cheese sticks
3-4 thin slices of deli ham
1/2 cup melted butter
1 cup seasoned bread crumbs (I used crushed herb seasoned croutons)
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese

Sauce:

1 can cream of chicken soup
1/2 cup sour cream
1/4 cup milk (I only used about 2 tbs of milk, I wanted my sauce thicker!)

Place chicken between two pieces of wax paper, pound to 1/2 inch thickness. Place one or two slices of deli ham on each piece of chicken, (one piece is plenty!) top with 1 string cheese stick. Roll up the chicken around the cheese and ham and secure with a toothpick. Mix together crumbs and parmesan cheese. Dip rolls in melted butter, and roll in bread crumb mixture. Place seam side down in a greased baking dish. Bake for 30-45 minutes @350 degrees, or until juices run clear. Mix sauce together and heat in a small saucepan. Top each piece of chicken with sauce when serving.


This recipe is linked to: Eat At Home Ingredient Spotlight

No comments:

Post a Comment