Pages

Friday, April 16, 2010

NEW CROCKPOT RECIPE

Ok, I tried a new recipe yesterday for the crockpot. It is called "Stuffed Round Steak". I'm not really sure why it's called "stuffed", because you don't actually stuff the round steak you top your round steak with stuffing. Confused yet? LOL! Anyway, I made this yesterday, and it was good, but I thought after the juices from the steak mixed with the stuffing, it made the stuffing too soupy. The recipe says to fix the stuffing according to the package directions, and add Cream of Mushroom Soup on top. I'm wondering if you should not prepare the stuffing, just sprinkle it over the steak first and pour the soup over that and let the juices create the stuffing. I don't know, what do you think? Here is the recipe, it is very simple, and only uses 3 ingredients.

Stuffed Round Steak

1 round steak
1 pkg instant stuffing mix
1 can cream of mushroom soup

Lay round steak in bottom of slow cooker. mix stuffing according to package directions and put on top of steak. Cover with cream of mushroom soup. Cook on low all day. (at least 8 hrs on low, no less than 4 on high)

No comments:

Post a Comment