Pages

Monday, April 26, 2010

JUST ANOTHER MANIC MONDAY!!


What a day! Is there a full moon or what?!? Almost everything I have touched today has turned to mud! LOL! Even supper was a flop! Well, most of it anyway. I found a recipe for a stir-fry in an old cookbook. It sounded really good.....ummmm not so much. Good thing I made Crab Rangoon to go with it, and they were delish! So, tonight that is the recipe I am sharing with you. This recipe came from Kraftfoods.com, but as usual I tweaked it just a little to make it my own. I served this with sweet and sour sauce, and VOILA!...supper!

Crab Rangoon:

1 tub(8oz) Philadelphia Chive & Onion Cream Cheese Spread
1 can(6oz) crab meat, drained, flaked
1-2 tbs. sugar(this was my addition, you can omit if you like)
30 wonton wrappers
1 1/2 cups oil, for frying
Kraft Sweet & Sour Sauce(or you can make your own!)
Mix cream cheese, crab meat, and sugar; spoon evenly on wonton wrappers, adding about 1 tsp. of the crab meat mixture to each wrapper.

Moisten edges of each wrapper with water; fold in half to form a triangle. Press edges together to seal.

Heat oil in medium skillet or wok to 360 degrees. Add wontons in batches. Cook 1-2 minutes or until golden brown on both sides, turning once. Remove from skillet with slotted spoon; drain on paper towels. Serve hot with the Sweet & Sour Sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment