Pages

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

CROCKPOT ROASTED CHICKEN


For supper tonight, I am making CREAMY CHICKEN ENCHILADAS,(I will post this recipe later today) and the recipe calls for two cups of rotisserie chicken. Normally, I would boil a whole chicken on the stove, and pull the chicken off the bone to use instead of buying a rotisserie chicken. Luckily, I found a recipe on the STEPHANIE COOKS blog for CROCKPOT ROASTED CHICKEN. This recipe is the best!!! I put my chicken in the crockpot last night, and set it for 8 hrs. This morning(after taking the picture) I tried taking the chicken out of the crockpot, and the chicken fell off the bone! No need to pick the chicken off the bone, that step is already done! So here is the recipe for this yummy fall off the bone chicken. Hope you try it and enjoy it as much as I do!

Crockpot Roasted Chicken:

1 whole chicken(4-5 lbs)
1/2 cup chicken broth
4 cloves of garlic, peeled
olive oil
Seasoning of your choice (I used Seasoned Salt, but you could use any seasoning you like!)

1- Prep the chicken- remove the bag from the inside, thoroughly washing out the cavity and outside of the chicken. Pat dry.
2- Roll 3 pieces of tin foil into balls, about 2 inches in diameter. Place them in a triangle shape on the bottom of the crockpot.
3- Pour the chicken broth into the bottom of the crockpot. Toss the garlic cloves, whole, into the broth.
3- Place the chicken on top of the tin foil balls. Rub a small amount of olive oil over the skin(about 1-2 teaspoons).
5- Season heavily with the seasonings of your choice, gently rubbing them into the skin.
6- Cook on low 8 hours. The meat will literally fall off the bone!

No comments:

Post a Comment