Pages

Thursday, April 22, 2010

SLOW COOKER ITALIAN CHICKEN


Ok, for tonight's dinner, I made Italian Chicken in the slow cooker using the McCormick Slow Cooker Italian Chicken packet....it was ok, but the sauce was a little bitter. I think if you add a tablespoon or so of sugar to it, it would be ok. Other than that, it was really good. I used bone-in chicken thighs, and removed the skin. It was so tender, it fell off the bone!! I think the next time I make this, I will either use store bought sauce and jazz it up a bit, or just make my own sauce. There is a sauce that Mommy's Kitchen posted a couple of days ago, I haven't tried it yet, but it's on the agenda for this weekend. She said it makes enough sauce for two meals, and that she freezes half for another meal. Maybe I will do that. I will let you know how it turns out! Anyway, I served this over bowtie pasta, and with garlic bread.(I cheated, the bread is frozen!) So, here is the recipe, it can also be found on the back of the seasoning packet.

Slow Cooker Italian Herb Chicken

2 1/2 lbs bone-in chicken pieces, skin removed
1 can (8oz) sliced mushrooms
1 pkg McCormick Slow Cookers Italian Herb Chicken Seasoning
2 cans stewed tomatoes, undrained (I used 1 can crushed tomatoes, and 1 can diced tomatoes)
1 can (6oz) tomato paste

Place chicken and mushrooms in slow cooker. Mix seasoning, tomatoes and tomato paste until blended. Pour over chicken and mushrooms. Cover and cook for 8hrs on low, or 4hrs on high. Stir sauce before serving. Serve over hot cooked pasta.

No comments:

Post a Comment