Pages

Saturday, April 24, 2010

GARLIC TOAST

So, this morning, I made Strawberry Cream Cheese Filled French Toast, which required me to buy a whole loaf of Texas Toast that I don't normally use. Luckily, tonight we had Spaghetti & Meatballs for supper, and I was out of the frozen garlic bread! At the last minute, I decided to whip up some garlic butter, and use up some of that Texas Toast, but I didn't have a recipe so I just made one up. Believe it or not it was really good! I was very proud of myself. Now the rest of that Texas Toast won't go to waste! Here is the recipe I came up with. (This Garlic Toast is pictured with the Spaghetti & Meatballs recipe)

1 stick butter, softened
1/2 tbs. minced garlic
2 tbs. grated parmesan cheese
1 tsp. garlic seasoned salt
1 tsp. Italian seasoning(I use the kind with a grinder)
Texas Toast

Blend all ingredients together, and spread on both sides of Texas Toast. Place under broiler, and broil until the top is browned. Turn over and do the same with the other side. Be careful and watch closely because it will burn fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment